The 2015 Vancouver International Boat Show is kicking off on January 21st, 2015 and will feature a highly impressive line-up of vessels big and small with a little something for everyone. Many of the boats at the Show will be unveiled for the first time ever in Canada, including the Princess V48 Yacht, the Azimut Magellan 43, and the Tiara 44 Coupe.
With so much to look forward to, we’ve complied a helpful list to help Show goers navigate through the most noteworthy and cutting edge boats on display at the Show:
• Taking a new approach to boating luxury, the brand new Sea Ray L-Class L650 will be making its Vancouver debut this January. Finding the perfect balance between style and substance, this technologically forward yacht is the future of boating.
• The Sea Ray 510 Sundancer, winner of the AIM Marine Group Editor’s Choice award, is the definition of strength and control. This high performing, high efficiency yacht, in Midnight Black, is complemented with artisanal touches and includes a bright solarium, master oasis, complete media entertainment package, and radiant natural light.
• The Prestige 550 is the new signature of the Prestige Flybridge Line. The elegant, distinctive design of this Flybridge features an even more elongated profile and a stronger personality, with a contemporary design, touch of luxury, and assurance of power and safety.
• The Prestige 500, winner of the 2014 Motor Yacht of the Year, 2014 Best Interior Design award at the World Yachts Trophies Awards in Cannes, and 2014 Best Motor Yacht at the Nautical Design Awards in Milan, is outfitted with Volvo IPS Pod Drives, three private staterooms with Full Beam Master, a hydraulic swim platform, IPS cockpit controls, and is available in bridge version or coupe with opening Moon Roof.
• For the first time in Canada, the Tiara 44 Coupe will be unveiled at the 2015 Vancouver International Boat Show!
As the winner of the 2014 Aim Marine Group Editor’s Choice Award for Best Motoryacht in its class, this yacht was crafted with modern appointment and classic American styling, and is the perfect choice for day yachting or extended cruising for years to come.
• 2015 marks the first year that Azimut Yachts will be displayed in Vancouver. Azimut Yachts is the premiere Italian motor yacht builder, producing the most comprehensive range of yachts in the world today where unmistakable Made in Italy style meets innovation. The Azimut Magellan 43 Motor Yacht offers three luxurious cabins, an expansive flybridge, deep side decks, a large salon, and hull windows for wonderful light and sea views – the perfect long range yacht for those who seek thrill and love sophisticated aesthetic.
• For the avid sailor, the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 379 represents the perfect balance of ingredients for a family cruiser. Special attention was given to the ergonomics and modern aesthetics to ensure easy sail handling. At sea, as in port, functional and practical details make the difference. Features include a galley with numerous storage compartments, a high-capacity fridge, a large saloon table, a hanging locker in the saloon, and easy conversion of seating areas to berths.
• Owned by the Louis Vuitton Group and making its Canadian debut at the Show, the Princess V48 Yacht has built a worthy reputation as a class leader. Renowned for its superior handling and fuel efficiency, this yacht offers the choice of V48 Open or V48 Deck Saloon, has two en suite cabins and a lower saloon with the option of a third cabin, resin-infused deep-v hull for increased volume, and Volvo IPS propulsion for optimized space, handling, and efficiency.
• The powerful, athletic, and striking Hanse 455 Yacht will be showcased for the first time in Canadian waters at the Vancouver International Boat Show. This boundary breaking boat is characterized by extraordinary equipment and quality materials; ample storage space, a pleasant cabin climate with efficient light and air distribution, the largest cockpit in its class, and the option of a large sun lounger – perfect for relaxing at sea!
• The brand new Cutwater 24, perfect for the avid angler, is the first Cutwater to offer outboard power as well as diesel. This model is exceptionally well designed to be trailerable, very economical due to the efficient diesel power with shaft drive, and reliable with Garmin GPS/Sounder Combinations, radar, and autopilot – all to ensure you cruise the water with ease and enjoyment.
• Expertly designed and new to the Chris-Craft line is the Catalina 29; the optimal solution to all your fishing trip needs. The classic style and wood free hull construction, along with the 29 feet of space to enhance manoeuvrability, is the perfect companion for all those extended fishing trips.
• Winner of the Dusseldorf 2014 European Powerboat of the Year award in its category, the Monte Carlo MC5 is known for its timeless style, elegance, and high performance. With its cockpit and salon on the same level, this yacht creates easy movement and a wonderful feeling of openness. A large flybridge and ocean-taming hull design make this boat a yachter’s dream.
• With an impressively contoured, electric operated transom entryway, gorgeous retractable glass windows, and a sizeable salon, the 2015 Marlow Mainship 37 allows for beautiful panoramic views and comfort beyond compare.
• The brand new 2015 Marlo-Hunter 37 is by far the largest volume sailboat available under 40 feet and provides performance sailing with an exceptionally comfortable interior. This stunning cruiser features a sleek, modern profile, a roomier cockpit, large storage area, and spacious master aft cabin.
These new and outstanding boats can be found at the Vancouver International Boat Show through the following dealers: M&P Mercury, Sundance Yachts, Fraser Yacht Sales, Westerly Yacht International Yacht Brokers, Calibre Yacht Sales, Port Boat House, Specialty Yacht Sales, and Freedom Marine.
With two great locations – an indoor venue at BC Place and a Floating Show at Granville Island – Vancouver International Boat Show goers of all ages and expertise can get their season started as they take advantage of family-friendly activities, an expanded seminar line-up featuring top boating experts, and incredible deals on all the latest marine products.
Western Canada’s largest consumer boating event, the Vancouver International Boat Show is owned by the Boating BC Association and produced by Canadian Boat Shows, and runs from January 21st to 25th, 2015 at BC Place and Granville Island. Pre-plan your visit at www.VancouverBoatShow.ca.