Sept 26, 2017
This morning the winners of the 2017 Innovation Awards were announced during the annual Industry Breakfast at the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX). The Innovation Awards honored achievement in product development in 10 areas of the marine industry. Winners were selected by a panel of judges from Boating Writers International (BWI), a professional organization consisting of writers, editors, publishers, photographers, broadcasters, and communications professionals associated with the boating industry.
“These awards signify the importance that innovation plays in our industry, and IBEX is honored to recognize these key innovators and their products that keep the boating industry at the forefront of cutting edge trends,” said Anne Dunbar, IBEX show director. “With more than 95 product entries, competition was tight and the winners chosen from our top-tier panel of BWI judges represent the best the industry has to offer, all of which can be viewed along Innovation Way in aisle 100 throughout the Show.”
“This year the entries reflected many of the changing consumer trends and expectations of today’s boating lifestyle. Competition reached new levels, and many product innovations were designed for easier user interface,” said Alan Wendt, Chair of the Innovation Awards and Past President of Boating Writers International.
The 2017 IBEX Innovation Award winners are:
• Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: CEproof Group, ICOMIA Technical File Generator
• Deck Equipment & Hardware: Aluna Systems, Light Pole;Honorable Mention: SUREFAS B.V., CAF-COMPO screw-stud
• Mechanical Systems: Seakeeper, Seakeeper 3
• Electrical Systems: JL Marine Systems, Power-Pole CHARGE
• Outboard Engines: Dual Winners: Suzuki Motor of America Inc., DF350A; Yamaha Motor Corporation, F25C
• Boatyard and Dealer Hardware and Software: Gemeco Marine Accessories, TDT1000 Transducer Diagnostic Tester
• Propulsion Parts, Propellers: BRP US Inc., Evinrude iDock;
Honorable Mention: PowerTech! Propellers, CushionLok2
• OEM Electronics: Dual Winners: JL Marine Systems, Power-Pole VISION; Lumitec, Power Line Instruction Technology
• Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories: Gatorbak LLC, Premium Clear Bunk Covers
• Safety Equipment:Vesper Marine, deckWatch App
About the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX)
IBEX, Where Better Boats Begin is the marine industry’s largest technical trade event in North America and is powered globally by METSTRADE, the world’s leading platform and community for professionals in the leisure marine equipment industry. IBEX is owned and produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and RAI Amsterdam. For more information, visit www.ibexshow.com.