Mar 24, 2020
**Northwest Marine Trade Association Reschedules Anacortes Boat & Yacht Show for late June**
The third annual Anacortes Boat & Yacht Show is coming back to Cap Sante Marina May 14-17, 2020. Featuring more than 300 new and brokerage boats in-water, on land and at nearby boatyards, plus a 10,000 square foot tent of accessories and service providers, it’s the perfect place for boaters to find the boat of their dreams or upgrade their existing boat and plan their year’s boating activities. Additionally, charming Anacortes, with its historic buildings, fabulous shopping, art galleries and antique stores, breweries and restaurants and miles of public trails and shoreline access is the perfect place for a weekend getaway.
Features and promotions include:
● Boat Show University at Cruisers College with more than a dozen 3-hour classes on topics ranging from planning your next cruise to better understanding boating systems. Boat Show University classes cost $50 and include admission to the show.
● Free admission for Yacht Club members on Thursday and Friday.
● Salmon for Soldiers military discount: 50% off admission on all days for active military and veterans.
● One free ticket per adult guest per stay to those who stay at participating Anacortes hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts. Visit https://anacortes.org/ for details.
● Drinks and entertainment in the hospitality float, with one glass of beer or wine included with the purchase of a ticket
● Opportunity to win two round trip tickets on Kenmore Air Kenmore for those boaters who pledge to Be Whale Wise
● Custom engraved dog tags for the furry first mates who attend the show.
● Aqua Paddler paddle boats for the little mariners. Life jackets will be provided.
Anacortes is conveniently situated between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia with more than 40 marine-related businesses to cover every boater’s wants and needs.
Cost is $12 for adults; $16 for unlimited pass; youth 17-and-under are free; 50-percent off for current military and veterans every day of show, Yacht Club members get in free on Thursday and Friday.
Things to do in Anacortes
Anacortes is a vibrant coastal community located on Fidalgo Island, in the Pacific Northwest. It is conveniently situated halfway between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. and is the destination point for the San Juan Islands and International ferry runs. From casual cafes to elegant dining, quirky to sophisticated shopping, art galleries to antique shops and unique accommodations, Anacortes has something for everyone.
The Anacortes Farmers Market happens on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. After the show, head over to Swinomish Casino & Lodge or take a hike and soak in sunset views at Mount Erie Park, the highest point on Fidalgo Island. Other activities include exploring nearby Washington Park and Deception Pass State Park; whale watching with local charter-boat businesses; having a picnic or strolling at Storvik Park or Seafarers Memorial Park; or viewing the Anacortes Mural Project on Commercial Avenue. Visit https://anacortes.org for more information and sample itineraries.