Nov 7, 2023
Brunswick Corporation has announced another record-breaking performance at the 2023 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) with exceptionally strong sales and share gains for many of Brunswick’s award-winning brands, including:
• Mercury Marine reported record outboard market share for the sixth consecutive year in Ft. Lauderdale, accounting for an all-time high 57% of all outboard engines at the event and close to 70% of all outboards in the on-water portion of the show. Mercury has increased its outboard share at FLIBS by more than 21 points since 2017.
• Boston Whaler increased unit sales by 38% and revenue by 22% vs. the 2022 show, selling a broad mix of units, including many boats 30 feet and above.
• Sea Ray reported a 26% increase in unit sales and a 24% increase in revenue vs. the 2022 show, with a healthy mix, including a large number of 400 SLX models.
• Navico Group products were again installed on most US OEM boats and international models. Additionally, the Simrad brand saw share gains from last year’s show and there was significant interest among consumers in Mastervolt power management systems and RELiON batteries.
• Flite exhibited at FLIBS for the first time since being acquired by Brunswick. The brand showcased several its new e-foil models, including the recently announced premium model developed in collaboration with designer Marc Newson.
“Our experience and performance at this year’s Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show, which is mainly a show for larger and more premium brands and products, was even stronger than anticipated but consistent with our broader experience that the premium parts of the market are continuing to demonstrate resiliency,” said Dave Foulkes, Brunswick Corporation CEO. “Our brands had an outstanding show, which is a testament to our dedicated global teams and our award-winning product portfolio. Mercury’s continued market share growth at FLIBS has been an extraordinary story over the past seven years, while Boston Whaler and Sea Ray again reported very strong sales. Navico Group products were present on most of the boats at the show while our Harris, Bayliner, and Flite brands had very positive engagement with global consumers and channel partners. We are, again, very encouraged by consumer interest in all our brands at one of the most important saltwater boat shows in the world.”