Oct 22, 2016
The International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA) has released the latest edition of its Recreational Boating Industry Statistics. The trade association’s membership is estimated to represent more than 80% of the world’s leisure boating business, making ICOMIA well positioned to provide an international compilation of data covering the industry’s diversified and varied segments. ICOMIA’s statistics are used extensively within the industry, especially by those interested in investing or seeking to work within certain sectors.
This year ICOMIA appointed a specialist data analyst to fully scrutinize its figures. Their analyst has a doctorate in economics and over 10 years’ experience in economic and market research in both academic and commercial fields, across a myriad of industries, including marine and maritime. This has resulted in more reliable and consistent statistics users can rely on.
ICOMIA also offers subscribers the raw-data Excel spreadsheets, to assist those carrying out more detailed research. Plus, purchasers will receive a free 12-month subscription of the ICOMIA Quarterly Economic Statistics Report, which contains quarterly information on global economic development. The Report features categories such as the Producer Price Index and the Big Mac Index, as well as data, where possible, on emerging markets such as Colombia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
INVALUABLE DATA + MARKET INTELLIGENCE: THE BOOK CONTAINS:
• 2016 global data snapshot
• Detailed market analysis by IBI Consulting, a division of IBI (International Boat Industry) Magazine Group
• Detailed national reports on the industry’s largest market countries
• Global summaries of key product segments from 24 countries
• Export/import data for international trade in boats from 41 countries
• Marine engine statistics from ICOMIA’s Marine Engine Committee (IMEC)
• International Boat Show statistics (courtesy of the International Federation of Boat Show Organizers)
• The 2016 Superyacht Annual Report (courtesy of The Superyacht Group)
• Industry articles selected by IBI